Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Last days in Buenos Aires

The last couple of days I was in Buenos Aires after having returned from my trips to Peru, Bolivia and Chile, I didn't really have much to do so I went to the Botanical Garden, the Zoo and the Recoleta cemitary.


Due to the bad Argentinian economy over the last years, the Botanical Garden has been forced to cut down seriously. (Ho ho ho!!)


There was a whole lot of cats in the Botanical Garden too. Probably because no dogs were allowed so they had figured out they were safe there. Clever little creatures.


The Recoleta cemetary. I actually hadn't been to this tourist hotspot before I decided to go there on my last day in Buenos Aires, but I am glad I did. Huge and really cool, never thought I would say that about a cemetary...


The wall of a million coffins...


This statue caught my attention. It was accompanied by a very touching plaque written in Italian...


The very touching plaque itself. Below is the text and a free translation for you.

A mia figlia

Solo mi chiedo il perché.
Tu sei partita e distrutto hai lasciato il mio cuore
che te solamente voleva, perché?
Perché? Solo il destino sa il perché e mi domando perché?

Perché non si puo stare senza te, perché?
Tanto bella eri che la natura invidiosa ti distrusse, perché?
Perché, solo mi domando se Dio c'è, con se porta via cio che suo non è.
Perché ci distrugge e lascia all'infinito il dolore!

Perché? Credo al destino e non a te, perché?
Perché solo so che sempre sogno con te, perché c'è di che?
Per tutto l'amore che sente il mio cuore per te.
Perché? Perché?

Il tuo papà


To my daughter

I just ask myself why.
You have left and destroyed you have left my heart
that wanted only you, why?
Why? Only fate knows why and I ask myself why?

Why can't one be without you, why?
So beautiful were you that nature in its envy destroyed you, why?
Why, I just ask myself if there is a God, does he take away what isn't his?
Why does he destroy us and leave to infinity the pain?

Why? I believe in fate and not in you, why?
Why do I just know I always dream with you, why is that?
Because of all the love my heart feels for you.
Why? Why?

Your father



The visit to the Zoo was more fun than I expected. It was ages since I last went to a zoo. Say hello to the elephants! :-)


"AAAAIIII Shit shit shit, I'm stuck... Someone help.. help me please!!!" :-P


"Damn! You were right. Our asses ARE full of stripes too!"


They even had a Santa Claus...


"OK folks, show's over, there's nothing to see here so move on..."

No comments: