Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Faces in Cairo

Over the last couple of months there has been loads of visits to both me and my roommates, who of course are new faces as well, so here is a quick potpurri of faces and things that passed since my November update.


Self-centered as I am I couldn't resist putting this handsome stud first, or is it perhaps Kristian Luuk?? :-P


Gazi, the American-Palestinian, deeply concentrated and contemplating his next move on the arabesque chess game I bought. Shouldn't be so difficult considering the game hasn't started yet and he is playing black. :)


Eamonn playing with his new iBook instead. Well, technically it is still mine since I had to be his sugar daddy to get it for Christmas. The things you do for your room mates.. He keeps telling me I should get the transfer of the money soon but seriously, would you trust a face like that??


New roomie Gaga on the right, Jasmine on the left and Bibo from Jordan on the balcony. He came to visit us and photograph birds for a week.


Valentina finally came here for a week and we had a great time together. This is from a Lebanese restaurant called Taboulah, where their fixed menu was so much food I have no idea how they could think we would be able to eat it all.


From the goodbye-party of Kat, who had to leave us, bu-huuu. Ya 3eeni! Can you guess which two of the people in this picture are brothers? ;-)


Me and Sandra hanging out in Al-Azhar Park after having visited Muqattam, or Garbage City as it is called in khawaiga (foreigner) lingo.


Jeanette, Sandra's friend who was visiting her at the time. I am very happy with how I managed to catch the reflection in her sunglasses, looks like she is sipping her juice in Hawaii.


The identical brothers again, me and Lotta and her friend Barbara had a dinner together. Mostafa had arranged some great food, Egyptian kalops and a HUGE pot of mahshi, delicious stuffed veggies cooked in a tomato sauce.


Justine, who is studying Arabic in Damascus, came to visit and stayed in our apartment for a week. Here we are on a felucca ride on the Nile. From the left are Eamonn, Lara, Justine and my now departed roomie Chris Chomsky.


Santa Claus in the form of Alex even stopped by to wish me Merry Christmas. Gotta love the Christmas hat with flashing lights!! :-)

2 comments:

Johan said...

Eamonn playing with his new iBook instead. Well, technically it is still mine since I had to be his sugar daddy to get it for Christmas.
Man... Don't you ever learn. Yeah... I pay you back "later" too. HAAH! SuCKER!!
;)
/The parasite

Edward said...

You are a mean and terrible human being. :-( Haven't you earned enough money with your new fancy job soon?? I hope you didn't forget about the inflation as well, you're gonna have to add about 5000 SEK now in order for it to be the same amount more or less. :-P Or I just won't care and come and kill your cat and scratch your car or something instead. Would be more fun!